Search This Blog

Friday, May 20, 2011

Waiting, Waiting, and more Waiting

  As I have been waiting for the phone call to say that our house is ready I keep thinking how I hate to wait. I am not a very patient person SURPRISE lol. Waiting seems to make me grumpy and very impatient. This wait however has been helping me a lot. I find that as I pack I get excited for the new possibilities of getting my new home ready. I have designs, layouts, and decorations all planned. I want everything just right.
  Now waiting is a normal part of our lives. We wait for doctor appointments, hair appointments, food to get ready, paychecks, our husbands to come home, for some waiting to get off work. Waiting is a great percentage of our lives. My thoughts on waiting though is how do we handle waiting for the coming of the Lord? The other night my three year old was wondering why when we were in church everyone was crying. So my husband and I sat down and talked to her about Jesus. Well we got to the part how we were waiting for the Lord to come back to take us to heaven and she quickly linked that to waiting on our new house to be ready. She got so excited. How often do we get excited about the COMING OF OUR LORD???? Some days I pray Lord come now and other times I want him to wait.
  The world is getting worse but if we hold on and look onto that day with excitement and think of the time when we stand face to face with our Savior it might make the wait go easier :) I personally can't wait to worship him, hold the babies that I have in heaven and to see loved ones that have gone on before. Can you imagine talking to the greats like Abraham, Paul, Peter, John, Moses. WOW it just does something to you as you start to think about getting to heaven.
  So instead of complaining about how long we have to wait for things lets just look for the possibilities of what we can do when it happens. By the way I got the call yesterday that the house is ready. We will move on Memorial Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment