Ok so I am going to post the recipe I use to make our bread. I love this bread and I have tweeked it lots of times. :) I will give you the basic recipe and then let you experiment with it. That's how you learn :)
1.5 cups warm water
5 tbsp honey ( I use about 6-7 it seems to taste better)
2 pks of yeast( I buy the big jar of yeast, so its 4.5 tsps).
4 to 5 cups whole wheat flour(Its best if you can grind your own which I WILL do once I get a new grinder :). I burned up my last one lol.)
1/4 cup butter (I use one stick which is 1/2 cup, I also made the last batch with coconut oil and use 1/2 cup).
2 tsp salt
2 large eggs
1. Combine water and 1 tbsp honey in a large bowl. Sprinkle yeast then let stand 10 mins. It should be bubbly. Add 1.5 cups flour and stir well. Place plastic wrap on bowl and let sit 20 mins. It should be doubled.
2. Add butter, salt, eggs, the remaining honey to flour mixture stir well. Add in 2 more cups of flour stir then add 1/4 cup more flour.
3. Kneed the dough until it is smooth (usually 10 min) then put in a greased bowl(I put olive oil in the bowl then I turn the dough once so both sides are greased). Place plastic over the bowl then let sit for 1 hr , this gives you time to sweep, or do a load of laundry. It should be doubled in size when you come back.
4. Punch that dough :) then kneed it to get the air pockets out. Grease two bread pans then divide the dough. Now some people like to shape the dough but I don't. I press it flat in the pans so when it rises its even :). Cover with a towel for 30 min.
5. It should be doubled in size then bake at 375 for 20-25 min. I only go 20 but it depends on your oven. You should be able to knock on the bread and it sounds hollow :)
That's all there is to it friends. Oh and don't cut that bread until its cooled down so maybe a half hour. I also wrap mine in plastic and store them in my bread box. ENJOY