Search This Blog

Sunday, May 4, 2014

My Renewed Mind

As I started my Trim Healthy Mama journey I had high hopes that I would lose weight and feel healthy. I have surpassed those hopes and achieved them. I feel healthier, my energy is up, I don't feel sluggish, I don't snore while sleeping and I feel great overall. Each meal has been a victory of overcoming the stress eating. Every time I exercised I was in control of my body. I finally felt free from the guilt of over eating and being overweight.  I rejoiced when I discovered something new on my body be it my ribs or finding my knee caps, it was and still is exciting. As I shared my journey with others my desire to keep at this new lifestyle increased because I wanted to share this experience and the knowledge I learned with everyone. I told anyone who would listen about THM. I was quickly becoming an advocate for THM because I knew it worked. I was seeing a trim body, becoming a healthier mama but one area hadn't changed and that was my mind.
  When I first started losing weight, I couldn't really tell. My clothes did get loose but until I took pictures I didn't see the results. I had many people tell me I was looking great, and the scale was moving down. This was all good it actually made me feel great but when I looked in the mirror all I saw was the fat me. I would belittle myself all the time. When I would weigh myself I did it three or four times in a row believing the scale was off or broke. I didn't want to go clothes shopping because I knew nothing would fit cause I was too fat. These thoughts would run through my head all the time and I let them. I was tearing myself down, being a bully to myself. No one likes a bully but that was exactly what I was doing. How many of you have found yourself being a bully to yourself? Have you wondered how to get out of that bully mode so you can have a renewed mind? Well I have some ways to help you, things I have learned to try and do on a daily basis.
 There is a change that happens when you lose weight, you do gain confidence but if you don't change your mindset it will affect you. Every time I had a negative thought about myself I would feel the need to eat. I wanted junk food, that so called comfort food. Sometimes I succumbed to these urges but the majority of the time I stuck to THM. When I would start to bully myself I would think of something nice that I liked about me. I would pray that God would help me. In the mornings I made sure to either dress nice or do my hair. Who doesn't feel pretty when you get dressed as if company was coming over. I read the Bible and found verses that would help me get my thoughts in control. Slowly but surely I saw a change in how I percieved myself. When I pass a mirror I smile at myself and congratulate myself on how far I have come. When my hubby tells me I am getting skinny inwardly I jump up and down with glee. My children get excited with me when I tell them I have lost weight. I have my own cheerleader section and I love it! Just as we control how we eat and exercise, we must control what and how we think. We are becoming Trim Healthy Mama's in every aspect of our lives. This includes having a trim, fit mind. We need a toned mind to match our toned bodies. A scripture that I use to help me is found in Philippians 4:8:
Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. 
Every time you look in the mirror tell yourself that you are a beautiful Trim Healthy Mama no matter where you are in your journey.





No comments:

Post a Comment